Keeping a balance
Excessive gaming can spin your life at school and home out of control.
Playing games online and using consoles or games on a computer is great fun, but you to need to be careful how much you play and who you play with.
Too much gaming can affect your school or social life. And if you chat with other gamers, you need to protect your privacy and keep your personal or private information to yourself.
Know the basics
- Keep an eye on how long you play.
- Remember to make time for your offline friends, your favourite sports and other activities.
- If another player is behaving badly or making you uncomfortable, block them from your players list.
- Report poor behaviour to the games site operator.
- Keep personal information private.
- Respect others in the game.
- Be aware of game classifications and age restrictions.
If you want to talk about a problem with keeping a balance, you can call Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800
, or visit their website