Hector’s world™ features high quality 2-D animation with fun and engaging characters. Children can observe the characters as they learn how to stay safe online.
The experiences of Hector and his friends offer children practical guidance on managing risks and reinforce the importance of responsible online behaviour. Hector’s world™ has come to Australia with the permission of our friends at Netsafe.
Flash based animation
At a teacher’s or parent’s discretion the Hector’s world stories may also
be used for children under 5 years of age and for older primary students aged above 8 years.
- Protecting personal information
- Online Privacy
The learning objectives are consistent with the principles set out in the National Statements of Learning for Information Communications and Technology and Statements of Learning for Civics and Citizenship.
- Lesson Plans Set 1 – Your Personal Information Online
- Lesson Plans Set 2 – Cyberbullying
- Lesson Plans Set 3 - Computer security
Suggestions for the classroom:
- view the Hector’s World episodes with the class
- use the lesson plans as a guide to enforce key learning objectives
- install the Hector’s World Safety Button™ on classroom computers
- encourage parents to install the Hector’s World Safety Button at home
- use the downloadable Hector’s World learning activities to enhance the learning experience.